10 homes plan in Branscombe set for ‘OK’
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to build 10 homes on land adjacent to the Fountain Head, Branscombe, have been recommended for approval.
The outline application proposes four open market dwellings and six affordable properties, site access, a service road, parking turning areas and footpaths.
East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) development management committee will decide the fate of the application when it meets on Tuesday.
In a report to members, a planning officer proposed the application be approved, with conditions, as it would secure ‘much-needed affordable housing in the area’.
The officer said the proposals should go ahead subject to an appropriate legal agreement and necessary planning conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Branscombe Parish Council and the village’s district councillor Geoff Pook have backed the application.
In a supporting statement to EDDC, parish council members said they support the application as ‘growth is required for the village to survive’ and the plans would encourage young families to live in the area and ‘offset the number of second homes’ in Branscombe.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council