10 homes plan in Branscombe set for ‘OK’
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to build 10 homes on land adjacent to the Fountain Head, Branscombe, have been recommended for approval.
The outline application proposes four open market dwellings and six affordable properties, site access, a service road, parking turning areas and footpaths.
East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) development management committee will decide the fate of the application when it meets on Tuesday.
In a report to members, a planning officer proposed the application be approved, with conditions, as it would secure ‘much-needed affordable housing in the area’.
The officer said the proposals should go ahead subject to an appropriate legal agreement and necessary planning conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Branscombe Parish Council and the village’s district councillor Geoff Pook have backed the application.
In a supporting statement to EDDC, parish council members said they support the application as ‘growth is required for the village to survive’ and the plans would encourage young families to live in the area and ‘offset the number of second homes’ in Branscombe.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal