Alice is in wonderland after completing book track challenge
- Credit: Archant
Summer reading has paid off for a Sidmouth 10-year-old after she completed the Book Track challenge.
Sidmouth Library presented Alice with her gold award and badge on Friday (August 2).
The 10-year-old has been taking part for four years. Her 100th book was from Ruth Fitzgerald's Emily Sparkes series.
Book Track challenges youngsters to read 100 books and discuss what they thought of each novel with a member of library staff.
Alice said: "I really like coming into the library and seeing everyone. They are really nice. I like mostly adventure books. I do not like reading a book if the blurb is not interesting. I would rather take my time.
You may also want to watch:
"I really enjoyed the last one it was really good. I feel old now as it was four years ago since I started."
Carol Pentecost, Sidmouth Library's supervisor, said: "I'm very proud of Alice. She has come on leaps and bounds since she started.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time