Alice is in wonderland after completing book track challenge
- Credit: Archant
Summer reading has paid off for a Sidmouth 10-year-old after she completed the Book Track challenge.
Sidmouth Library presented Alice with her gold award and badge on Friday (August 2).
The 10-year-old has been taking part for four years. Her 100th book was from Ruth Fitzgerald's Emily Sparkes series.
Book Track challenges youngsters to read 100 books and discuss what they thought of each novel with a member of library staff.
Alice said: "I really like coming into the library and seeing everyone. They are really nice. I like mostly adventure books. I do not like reading a book if the blurb is not interesting. I would rather take my time.
You may also want to watch:
"I really enjoyed the last one it was really good. I feel old now as it was four years ago since I started."
Carol Pentecost, Sidmouth Library's supervisor, said: "I'm very proud of Alice. She has come on leaps and bounds since she started.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start