12st pumpkin is top of the crops at Beer Pumpkin Show
- Credit: Archant
A whopper of a pumpkin - equivalent in weight to a grown man - landed top prize at a traditional Beer event.
Trevor and Eli Postin claimed the Walter Hawker Cup and Champions Shield - for the heaviest entry - at the village’s annual pumpkin show. Their mammoth pumpkin weighed in at 174lb - or 12 stone.
Also top of the crops was Nigel Seward, who produced a 31lb marrow. Kim Aplin won first prize for his onions, which weighed 12lb 8oz.
Beer resident Steve Somers won the heaviest local pumpkin, which weighed 76lb, and best-shaped vegetable title.
In the children’s decorated vegetable competition, Imogen Heard won the under-six’s category and Lauren Aris and Hannah Leslie were named winners in the over-sevens competition.
You may also want to watch:
The Burley family won the adult’s decorated vegetable competition.
All of the produce was put up for auction following judging and raised £390 for local causes.
- 1 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 2 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 3 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 7 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
Organisers Jayne and Kim Aplin thanked entrants, supporters and the Mariners Hall for helping them at short notice.