140 home plan for Ottery unveiled
A developer is unveiling plans to build 140 homes in Ottery but promises to safeguard the twon’s allotments at the same time.
Redrow Homes are displaying draft proposals for a new ‘family-focused housing scheme’ on land adjacent to Butts Road at the football club on Tuesday.
The developer says the scheme would include up to 56 affordable homes and provision for public open space at the five and a half acre site.
Redrow’s Land Director, Lee Hawker, who is heading the project said: “Our proposals present an opportunity to secure much needed low cost and family housing in a sustainable location.
“Furthermore, we are also exploring ways through which we can gift the existing allotments to the town, securing them for continued community use.”
You may also want to watch:
He says they want to work closely with the local community, and values local feedback on the project ahead of a potential formal planning application early next year.
The plans will be on display on Tuesday, December 6, between 2pm and 7.30pm, at the football club’s ground on Butts Road, and a website with information will also be available shortly at www.ottery.redrow.co.uk.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance