140 home plan for Ottery unveiled
A developer is unveiling plans to build 140 homes in Ottery but promises to safeguard the twon’s allotments at the same time.
Redrow Homes are displaying draft proposals for a new ‘family-focused housing scheme’ on land adjacent to Butts Road at the football club on Tuesday.
The developer says the scheme would include up to 56 affordable homes and provision for public open space at the five and a half acre site.
Redrow’s Land Director, Lee Hawker, who is heading the project said: “Our proposals present an opportunity to secure much needed low cost and family housing in a sustainable location.
“Furthermore, we are also exploring ways through which we can gift the existing allotments to the town, securing them for continued community use.”
You may also want to watch:
He says they want to work closely with the local community, and values local feedback on the project ahead of a potential formal planning application early next year.
The plans will be on display on Tuesday, December 6, between 2pm and 7.30pm, at the football club’s ground on Butts Road, and a website with information will also be available shortly at www.ottery.redrow.co.uk.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight