18-year-old spends birthday in brewery!
- Credit: Archant
A PROUD mum chose a fitting place to wish her son a happy 18th birthday – a brewery.
Sarah Richards dreamt up the surprise visit to mark the special occasion as her first-born, Branoc, shares his name with a beer it produces.
The trip to Branscombe Vale Brewery went down a treat with the teen – who was delighted to be handed a batch of the bitter by owner Paul Dimond.
Colyton Grammar School student Branoc, of Winslade Road in Sidmouth, is yet to crack open a bottle as he is currently sitting his A-levels. He has landed a university place at Oxford to study engineering. The beers have taken pride of place in his bedroom.
“It was such a surprise and a great thing to do,” said Branoc.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah added: “I’m extremely proud of him. Paul was wonderful on the day.”
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon