18-year-old spends birthday in brewery!
- Credit: Archant
A PROUD mum chose a fitting place to wish her son a happy 18th birthday – a brewery.
Sarah Richards dreamt up the surprise visit to mark the special occasion as her first-born, Branoc, shares his name with a beer it produces.
The trip to Branscombe Vale Brewery went down a treat with the teen – who was delighted to be handed a batch of the bitter by owner Paul Dimond.
Colyton Grammar School student Branoc, of Winslade Road in Sidmouth, is yet to crack open a bottle as he is currently sitting his A-levels. He has landed a university place at Oxford to study engineering. The beers have taken pride of place in his bedroom.
“It was such a surprise and a great thing to do,” said Branoc.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah added: “I’m extremely proud of him. Paul was wonderful on the day.”
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman