18-year-old spends birthday in brewery!
- Credit: Archant
A PROUD mum chose a fitting place to wish her son a happy 18th birthday – a brewery.
Sarah Richards dreamt up the surprise visit to mark the special occasion as her first-born, Branoc, shares his name with a beer it produces.
The trip to Branscombe Vale Brewery went down a treat with the teen – who was delighted to be handed a batch of the bitter by owner Paul Dimond.
Colyton Grammar School student Branoc, of Winslade Road in Sidmouth, is yet to crack open a bottle as he is currently sitting his A-levels. He has landed a university place at Oxford to study engineering. The beers have taken pride of place in his bedroom.
“It was such a surprise and a great thing to do,” said Branoc.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah added: “I’m extremely proud of him. Paul was wonderful on the day.”
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Mitch 'still committed' to £1 million Sidmouth restaurant plan