Dancers enjoy elegant 18th-Century Assembly at Sidholme Hotel during Sidmouth Folk Festival
- Credit: Archant
Dancing Master Stuart Marsden led the 18th-Century Assembly, featuring English dances from the late 18th and early 19th centuries, in the Music Room at Sidholme hotel on Wednesday, August 7.
Stuart is a very experienced historical dance tutor whose teaching and choreography have been featured in TV programmes such as Poldark and Pride and Prejudice - Having a Ball.
His workshops at Sidmouth Folk festival have been extremely popular.
Stuart was accompanied by Boldwood, a group of talented musicians who played the energetic and joyful music of the period.
It was an enchanting and memorable event.
You may also want to watch:
Dancers welcomed the opportunity to celebrate in such beautiful surroundings.
"I love the dancing and the opportunity to dress up for historical dance events," said Janet Slootweg from County Durham.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
"And to do so in such a wonderful room with a stunning chandelier makes the evening even more special."