1st Sidmouth Guides reflect on busy 2011
MEMBERS of the 1st Sidmouth Guides are looking forward to a busy 2012 after reflecting on a highlight-packed last year.
The group currently has four spaces for new recruits.
In the summer, youngsters got involved with a dressmaking project to help make Regency costumes for Sidmouth Museum.
They also enjoyed a trip to Killerton House as part of the project.
Brownies and guides from Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford, all came together to produce an incredible Alice In Wonderland display - with it’s own walking caterpillar and a Mad Hatter’s tea party table – for Sidmouth Carnival.
You may also want to watch:
October involved apple carving for Halloween and skipping games.
In November, guides made a trip to the Sidholme Hotel and learned about table laying and napkin folding.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
They took part in the Sunshine in November production in the same month. Cooking exploits included making jewelled biscuits, pizza.
A Christmas party was staged on December 8.
For more information on 1st Sidmouth Guides call group leader Andie Miles on 07977 469882.