1st Sidmouth Guides reflect on busy 2011
MEMBERS of the 1st Sidmouth Guides are looking forward to a busy 2012 after reflecting on a highlight-packed last year.
The group currently has four spaces for new recruits.
In the summer, youngsters got involved with a dressmaking project to help make Regency costumes for Sidmouth Museum.
They also enjoyed a trip to Killerton House as part of the project.
Brownies and guides from Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford, all came together to produce an incredible Alice In Wonderland display - with it’s own walking caterpillar and a Mad Hatter’s tea party table – for Sidmouth Carnival.
You may also want to watch:
October involved apple carving for Halloween and skipping games.
In November, guides made a trip to the Sidholme Hotel and learned about table laying and napkin folding.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
They took part in the Sunshine in November production in the same month. Cooking exploits included making jewelled biscuits, pizza.
A Christmas party was staged on December 8.
For more information on 1st Sidmouth Guides call group leader Andie Miles on 07977 469882.