Nearly 600 Sidmouth parking tickets in 2019, figures show
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Nearly 600 parking fines were dished out in Sidmouth last year.
In 2019, a total of 592 parking charge notices were issued in Sidmouth -equivalent to 11 a week.
Across East Devon, there were 8,067 tickets issued.
A total of 465 were given out in Ottery while Sidbury and Sidford both had three each.
Details about the council's penalty charge notices (PCNs) have been revealed ahead of its corporate infrastructure and regulatory service scrutiny committee on Tuesday (January 28).
You may also want to watch:
The report by Meg Booth, chief officer for highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste, gives details on how many PCNs were dished out in each month and in each town in 2019.
Across the county, more than 72,000 fines were issued, raking in more than £2.3 million for the council.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
Councillors will discuss the content of the report when they meet on Tuesday.