�22k Ottery community cash bonanza ideas plea
A PLEA for ideas on how to spend a �22,500 community cash kitty has been issued by the authorities safeguarding the cash.
Voluntary and community groups have been invited to have a say in how the funds should be spent on boosting sports provision in the entire parish.
Ottery town council and East Devon District Council (EDDC) this week launched a public consultation in a bid to generate concepts from residents in the town, West Hill, Tipton and Wigatton.
The cash bonanza, gathered from housing developments in the parish, can only be spent on sports causes.
“This is an opportunity to spend money where our local community suggests. Once we have proposals, residents will get to look at the ideas and vote on them,” said an EDDC spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“The funding could provide for several different sports projects. Ideas can include all sorts of proposals from BMX tracks and skate parks to football pitches, pitch resurfacing, permanently sited recreation equipment, pitches, courts, lawns, greens and tracks and training areas.
“Once installed the facilities or equipment must be open and accessible to the whole community.”
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Funding can’t be spent on indoor facilities, professional sports grounds and golf courses.
Proposals must be submitted to the town council by Friday, October 8.
E-mail ideas to email@example.com, or send them to Ottery St Mary Town Council, The Old Convent, 8 Broad Street, EX11 1BZ.
More information on how to apply at www.sidmouthherald co.uk.