25th anniversary celebrations in Ottery St Mary net £3,500 for Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
Hard work and dedication of staff and volunteers paid off
Volunteers and staff celebrated a landmark 25 years of trading in Ottery’s Hospiscare shop - and raised more than £3,500 for the cause.
The hard work and dedication of all involved were credited for helping the Broad Street store achieve its ongoing success. Manager Claire Soper was praised for her efforts during the birthday week and beyond.
Hospiscare trustee Andrew Smith cut the celebration cake and thanked the current staff and volunteers and their predecessors for their hard work in keeping the shop running for so long. He said: “Most businesses don’t last 25 months and you’ve made 25 years – congratulations.”
Thanking customers, Mr Smith added: “It costs more than £5million to provide our Hospiscare services and we’re so grateful that your support helps fund that care.”
You may also want to watch:
He also expressed thanks to the Hospiscare Ottery St Mary support group for its fundraising events.
A Hospiscare spokeswoman said: “We were thrilled with the success of the week-long celebration sale - the shop made more than £3,500 which is fantastic. We are so grateful to Claire, her team and everyone in Ottery who supported us during our special week. This donation will make a big difference to caring for local people with a progressive life-limiting illness.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight