�2k cash boost for Sidford Playgroup
CHILDREN at Sidford Playgroup have a whole range of new toys and equipment, thanks to a �2,000 Early Years grant. offe
CHILDREN at Sidford Playgroup have a whole range of new toys and equipment, thanks to a �2,000 Early Years grant.
The equipment was on show at the playgroup's open day last Tuesday, when parents could take their children along to see what it has to offer the youngsters.
"It was really good, we had a few people interested and their children got to play with the new toys too," said treasurer Sandra Spiller.
New items included ride-on tractors, a wiggly tunnel, Playmobil pirate ship, paint apron holder and easel and new markings for hopscotch, the alphabet and road, outside on the playground area.
"It has made it really nice for the children," said Sandra.
The playgroup is open from 9.30am to 12noon Monday to Friday and takes children from aged two.
- 1 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 2 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 3 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 4 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 5 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 6 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 7 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 8 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Fire training exercise at Newton Poppleford