£3,000 donation for Sid Valley Memory Cafe
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds have been raised to help people living with memory problems in the Sid Valley.
A grand total of £3,000 was handed over to the Sid Valley Memory Café by Sidmouth Conservative Club last week.
Angela Thompson, Adrian Ford and Jean Bridgeman accepted the money from the club’s committee members - the madam chairman Sonya Cowley, honorary secretary Alan Kirk, bar chairman Derek Truesdale, Bill Muir and George Bartlett.
The money was the result fundraising events, including a coffee morning, charity auction, fashion show and charity ball.
Angela Thompson said: “Thank you for an amazing amount of money and we really appreciate all your hard work.”
You may also want to watch:
Adrian Ford added: “We are overwhelmed by the generosity of Sidmouth Conservative Club and this cheque will make a huge difference.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98