�3.5k fete boost for Tipton church
A DAY of family fun on bank holiday Monday raised �3,500 for Tipton St John s village church.
A DAY of family fun on bank holiday Monday raised �3,500 for Tipton St John's village church.
The sun shone on the St John the Evangelist church fete, which proved a hit with villagers and visitors as it beat off a drizzly start to the day to secure the vital cash boost.
The event is the church's main fundraiser of the year.
Church warden Lizzi Steel said: "It was a very good day, lots of people came out and we are very thankful to them for their generosity."
You may also want to watch:
The fete featured barbecue lunches, cream teas, a bouncy castle and mini steam engine rides as well as stalls and side-shows.
A 'splat the rat' stall, and book and plant sales were among other highlights.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic