�3.5k fete boost for Tipton church
A DAY of family fun on bank holiday Monday raised �3,500 for Tipton St John s village church.
A DAY of family fun on bank holiday Monday raised �3,500 for Tipton St John's village church.
The sun shone on the St John the Evangelist church fete, which proved a hit with villagers and visitors as it beat off a drizzly start to the day to secure the vital cash boost.
The event is the church's main fundraiser of the year.
Church warden Lizzi Steel said: "It was a very good day, lots of people came out and we are very thankful to them for their generosity."
You may also want to watch:
The fete featured barbecue lunches, cream teas, a bouncy castle and mini steam engine rides as well as stalls and side-shows.
A 'splat the rat' stall, and book and plant sales were among other highlights.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect