40 per cent fall in crime tally
- Credit: Archant
Crime in Sidmouth was down 40 per cent in June compared to the same period last year.
Police officers tackled one assault causing grievous bodily harm and two causing actual bodily harm, and a sexual offence.
They were also called to a burglary from a home and another from a non-dwelling, six thefts, a shoplifting and a theft from a motor vehicle.
There was one case of arson, two of criminal damage to a motor vehicle and six incidents of criminal damage to property.
Also reported were an offence under the Telecommunications Act and someone making off without paying.
You may also want to watch:
The tally was 29, down from 49 last June.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of