40 per cent fall in crime tally
- Credit: Archant
Crime in Sidmouth was down 40 per cent in June compared to the same period last year.
Police officers tackled one assault causing grievous bodily harm and two causing actual bodily harm, and a sexual offence.
They were also called to a burglary from a home and another from a non-dwelling, six thefts, a shoplifting and a theft from a motor vehicle.
There was one case of arson, two of criminal damage to a motor vehicle and six incidents of criminal damage to property.
Also reported were an offence under the Telecommunications Act and someone making off without paying.
You may also want to watch:
The tally was 29, down from 49 last June.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth