�40k Sidmouth play revamp gets go-ahead
HOPES are high a �40,000 revamp of a children’s area at The Ham, Sidmouth, will be completed by mid-summer after town councillors rubberstamped the bid on Monday night.
HOPES are high a �40,000 revamp of a children’s area at The Ham, Sidmouth, will be completed by mid-summer after town councillors rubber-stamped the bid on Monday night.
Civic leaders unanimously agreed an order can be placed with the play company that was the outright choice of families in a public vote.
HAGS can now make designs, including climbing rocks, a basket swing, a tall spinning item and zip wire, a reality.
Sidmouth Town Council pledged �10,000 of its funds towards the bid and was awarded a further �10,000 from the Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund.
You may also want to watch:
A further �20,000 was secured from a development cash kitty guarded by the district council.
Replacing safety surfacing under the play area’s existing multi-unit was also given the go-ahead when town councillors met on Monday. New grass-mat tiles will cost �3,350.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
HAGS netted 71per cent of votes when more than 400 people turned out for a public consultation over the play area in April.