�40k Sidmouth play revamp gets go-ahead
HOPES are high a �40,000 revamp of a children’s area at The Ham, Sidmouth, will be completed by mid-summer after town councillors rubberstamped the bid on Monday night.
HOPES are high a �40,000 revamp of a children’s area at The Ham, Sidmouth, will be completed by mid-summer after town councillors rubber-stamped the bid on Monday night.
Civic leaders unanimously agreed an order can be placed with the play company that was the outright choice of families in a public vote.
HAGS can now make designs, including climbing rocks, a basket swing, a tall spinning item and zip wire, a reality.
Sidmouth Town Council pledged �10,000 of its funds towards the bid and was awarded a further �10,000 from the Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund.
You may also want to watch:
A further �20,000 was secured from a development cash kitty guarded by the district council.
Replacing safety surfacing under the play area’s existing multi-unit was also given the go-ahead when town councillors met on Monday. New grass-mat tiles will cost �3,350.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
HAGS netted 71per cent of votes when more than 400 people turned out for a public consultation over the play area in April.