�40k Sidmouth play revamp gets go-ahead
HOPES are high a �40,000 revamp of a children’s area at The Ham, Sidmouth, will be completed by mid-summer after town councillors rubberstamped the bid on Monday night.
HOPES are high a �40,000 revamp of a children’s area at The Ham, Sidmouth, will be completed by mid-summer after town councillors rubber-stamped the bid on Monday night.
Civic leaders unanimously agreed an order can be placed with the play company that was the outright choice of families in a public vote.
HAGS can now make designs, including climbing rocks, a basket swing, a tall spinning item and zip wire, a reality.
Sidmouth Town Council pledged �10,000 of its funds towards the bid and was awarded a further �10,000 from the Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund.
You may also want to watch:
A further �20,000 was secured from a development cash kitty guarded by the district council.
Replacing safety surfacing under the play area’s existing multi-unit was also given the go-ahead when town councillors met on Monday. New grass-mat tiles will cost �3,350.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
HAGS netted 71per cent of votes when more than 400 people turned out for a public consultation over the play area in April.