45 new homes planned for Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Plans for 45 new homes on the edge of Ottery St Mary have been unveiled by a developer.
In a letter sent to Ottery Town Council, owners of the Gerway Nurseries site off Sidmouth Road outlined their proposal for the land.
Landowners Waddeton Park Ltd said that they had been working on a proposal for the site ‘for many months’ and have submitted a formal application for outline planning permission to East Devon District Council (EDDC).
In the letter, Simon Steele-Perkins from Waddeton Park Ltd said that the firm had bought the land after the nurseries closed down last year.
Mr Steele-Perkins also represents Prockter Land LLP - owners of the Island Farm site off Barrack Road - which has planning permission for 185 homes or 165 homes and a care home.
You may also want to watch:
In the letter, Mr Steele-Perkins said that terms have now been agreed with a care home operator for the 21-acre Island Farm site.
He said: “We now know that the land at Barrack Road will not deliver the proposed allocation of 200 homes and so [the Gerway Nurseries site] is well placed to make up the shortfall, and to contribute to towards the housing requirement of this part of East Devon.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
He added that the developer would be undertaking a ‘wider public information exercise’ in the coming weeks, including a leaflet which will be circulated around the town.
Early plans for the site show an access off Sidmouth Road, and a mixture of two, three-and four-bedroom homes.
The application will be considered by the town council’s planning committee before a decision is made by EDDC.