45 new homes planned for Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Plans for 45 new homes on the edge of Ottery St Mary have been unveiled by a developer.
In a letter sent to Ottery Town Council, owners of the Gerway Nurseries site off Sidmouth Road outlined their proposal for the land.
Landowners Waddeton Park Ltd said that they had been working on a proposal for the site ‘for many months’ and have submitted a formal application for outline planning permission to East Devon District Council (EDDC).
In the letter, Simon Steele-Perkins from Waddeton Park Ltd said that the firm had bought the land after the nurseries closed down last year.
Mr Steele-Perkins also represents Prockter Land LLP - owners of the Island Farm site off Barrack Road - which has planning permission for 185 homes or 165 homes and a care home.
You may also want to watch:
In the letter, Mr Steele-Perkins said that terms have now been agreed with a care home operator for the 21-acre Island Farm site.
He said: “We now know that the land at Barrack Road will not deliver the proposed allocation of 200 homes and so [the Gerway Nurseries site] is well placed to make up the shortfall, and to contribute to towards the housing requirement of this part of East Devon.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
He added that the developer would be undertaking a ‘wider public information exercise’ in the coming weeks, including a leaflet which will be circulated around the town.
Early plans for the site show an access off Sidmouth Road, and a mixture of two, three-and four-bedroom homes.
The application will be considered by the town council’s planning committee before a decision is made by EDDC.