Anonymous donation boosts Sidmouth family’s fundraising to £1,000 for cancer charities
- Credit: Archant
An anonymous donation has helped a Sidmouth family raise £1,000 for charity.
Marion Sharland and her family had raised £785 to split between FORCE Cancer Charity and Exeter Leukaemia Fund (ELF) to thank them for supporting her sister Heather, who is now in remission.
The family decided to celebrate Heather’s good news with a fisco and fundraiser at the 1922 Social Club in Sidmouth.
More than 60 people attended the evening at the end of January, enjoying a quiz, music and food and drink. Generous businesses also donated 63 prizes for a raffle.
Following the event, a mystery donation arrived in an envelope at the club, taking the total to £1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Marion expressed a heart felt thanks to the person and to the club for their support.
Heather was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma cancer, and her sister said they wanted to do something to give back to the causes for their support at a time when they most needed it.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival