Disco night at Kennaway House
- Credit: Archant
Miniskirts and bell-bottomed trousers will be out in force this Friday, October 18, when a 60s and Motown disco takes place at Kennaway House.
People are encouraged to dress in 60s style and come and dance to music of that era.
The disco, in aid of Kennaway House, starts at 8pm and finishes at 11pm.
Admission is £3 and the bar will be open.
The 60s disco was organised in response to high demand, and is in addition to the regular discos which are now taking place at Kennaway House on the first Friday of each month.
You may also want to watch:
Kennaway House's manager Nikki Dawkins explained how the first disco, on October 4, came about.
"I was approached by a couple that just loved to dance and provide the music.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
"We all thought it was great idea so we put it on.
"No one knew how many people would turn up, so we were extremely pleased with the result, there seemed to be a need for people just wanting to boogie, and it was great to see so many.
The next disco after the 60s night will be held on Friday, November 1, with dance hits from the 70s to the 00s.