Disco night at Kennaway House
- Credit: Archant
Miniskirts and bell-bottomed trousers will be out in force this Friday, October 18, when a 60s and Motown disco takes place at Kennaway House.
People are encouraged to dress in 60s style and come and dance to music of that era.
The disco, in aid of Kennaway House, starts at 8pm and finishes at 11pm.
Admission is £3 and the bar will be open.
The 60s disco was organised in response to high demand, and is in addition to the regular discos which are now taking place at Kennaway House on the first Friday of each month.
You may also want to watch:
Kennaway House's manager Nikki Dawkins explained how the first disco, on October 4, came about.
"I was approached by a couple that just loved to dance and provide the music.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
"We all thought it was great idea so we put it on.
"No one knew how many people would turn up, so we were extremely pleased with the result, there seemed to be a need for people just wanting to boogie, and it was great to see so many.
The next disco after the 60s night will be held on Friday, November 1, with dance hits from the 70s to the 00s.