�700 delight for Sidbury and Sidford RBL
ROYAL British Legion Sidbury and Sidford Branch members raised �700 with a coffee morning to help mark the organisation’s 90th anniversary.
The event was staged at Sidbury Village Hall on Saturday and saw 90-year-old fundraiser Nancy Bowstead net �90 by selling 90 knitted articles.
She was joined by Ron Way and Paula Lyster in representing the six pensioners who took on a sponsored 90-minute walk along The Esplanade last month, raising more than �900.
Honorary branch secretary Valerie Hull thanked everyone for their hard work and tremendous enthusiasm.
She also praised the support from people covering a wide area.
You may also want to watch:
“Without their valued contributions these results could not have been achieved,” she said.
• A branch outing to the Imperial War Museum will take place on Thursday, September 8. Pick-up points, from 8am, are in Sidbury, Sidford, Sidmouth, Newton Poppleford and Exeter. The cost of the trip is �38. Anyone interested can contact honorary branch secretary Valerie Hull on (01395) 512261.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98