�700 delight for Sidbury and Sidford RBL
ROYAL British Legion Sidbury and Sidford Branch members raised �700 with a coffee morning to help mark the organisation’s 90th anniversary.
The event was staged at Sidbury Village Hall on Saturday and saw 90-year-old fundraiser Nancy Bowstead net �90 by selling 90 knitted articles.
She was joined by Ron Way and Paula Lyster in representing the six pensioners who took on a sponsored 90-minute walk along The Esplanade last month, raising more than �900.
Honorary branch secretary Valerie Hull thanked everyone for their hard work and tremendous enthusiasm.
She also praised the support from people covering a wide area.
You may also want to watch:
“Without their valued contributions these results could not have been achieved,” she said.
• A branch outing to the Imperial War Museum will take place on Thursday, September 8. Pick-up points, from 8am, are in Sidbury, Sidford, Sidmouth, Newton Poppleford and Exeter. The cost of the trip is �38. Anyone interested can contact honorary branch secretary Valerie Hull on (01395) 512261.
- 1 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 2 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 3 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 6 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 7 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 10 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court