90-year-old: ‘Is anyone of my era still around in Sidmouth?’
- Credit: Archant
Landmark birthday prompts reader’s letter
I have recently celebrated my 90th birthday with parties in Sidmouth with my family and here in Somerset, also with family and friends.
I write and wonder how many of the people I went to school and grew up with have made it this far.
I served in Devonshire Regiment 43/48 in Italy, Austria, and Hong Kong where I met sailors Manville and White (HMS Bermuda).
Age 90, I did not really want gifts, so chose a charity for donations. I have sent to the Gurkha Welfare Trust the sum of £535 with promises still to come.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone of my era is still around and would like to contact me for old times’ sake, telephone 01935 851183. I used to live in Sid Park Road.
Many thanks to my daughter Susan Perryman and grandchildren Joanne, Ross, and Robyn.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'