90-year-old: ‘Is anyone of my era still around in Sidmouth?’
- Credit: Archant
Landmark birthday prompts reader’s letter
I have recently celebrated my 90th birthday with parties in Sidmouth with my family and here in Somerset, also with family and friends.
I write and wonder how many of the people I went to school and grew up with have made it this far.
I served in Devonshire Regiment 43/48 in Italy, Austria, and Hong Kong where I met sailors Manville and White (HMS Bermuda).
Age 90, I did not really want gifts, so chose a charity for donations. I have sent to the Gurkha Welfare Trust the sum of £535 with promises still to come.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone of my era is still around and would like to contact me for old times’ sake, telephone 01935 851183. I used to live in Sid Park Road.
Many thanks to my daughter Susan Perryman and grandchildren Joanne, Ross, and Robyn.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out