A buzz in the community at Sidmouth Repair Café
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Repair Cafe is adding a buzz to community life as it restores items to their former glory.
The Sidmouth Repair Café is getting really busy, with last month's event positively buzzing with activity.
One regular appeared with another teddy in need of TLC: "I can most of the patching, but not the ears."
A lovely old wooden box which had been mended several times was given some proper attention.
A large piece of muslin cloth 'bought for a wedding' was made into a smart new cloth bag or three.
You may also want to watch:
And so it was that Sidmothians could 'get their machine back', receive some 'very helpful advice' or learn what parts needed to be ordered for next time.
Lots of locals helped and lots of things re-loved.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Above all, the actual café - with 'excellent coffee and cakes' - is proving a great attraction for the community, to catch up and chat.
So, all are welcome: the next Repair Café is Saturday, June 29, 10am to 1pm, the Youth Centre, Manstone Lane.
To see more features from East Devon Resident, click here.