‘Charles Dickens’ actor presents A Christmas Carol in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The character of Charles Dickens will be brought to life in a one-man performance of his classic story A Christmas Carol in Sidmouth on Thursday, December 5.
Actor and writer Nick Wilkes adopts the appearance and persona of Dickens as he presents the story of Scrooge at the Manor Pavilion Theatre.
Mr Wilkes said: "It's the most wonderful story of heartbreak and redemption, this cold-hearted man brought back to life through the haunting of three spirits.
"It's a delight and privilege to perform, and utterly magical for the audience to see Dickens 'himself' performing it."
Nick Wilkes has appeared in countless productions, both in the UK and overseas, working in classical and contemporary drama, musical, pantomime and weekly repertory.
You may also want to watch:
He has worked alongside names as diverse as Charlton Heston and Simon Callow through to Keith Harris and Orville the Duck.
The show starts at 7.30pm. Tickets are £14, available from https://www.manorpavilion.com/ or the box office on 01395 514413.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open