A comedy-drama that’s grimly funny up north
- Credit: Archant
Actors from Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society tickled the funny bone when they took to the stage at the Manor Pavilion Theatre earlier this week.
Straight and Narrow, written by Jimmie Chinn, runs until tomorrow (Saturday) and depicts the life of two guys living on the outskirts of Manchester in the 1980s.
Director Leigh Steedman said: “This adult comedy is full of colourful characters, fast moving and very funny.
“It features a number of actors known to us all, as well as new members to the SADS.
“Set ‘up north’, the play tells the story of a family at war.”
You may also want to watch:
Cast members include Marc Colson and Janet Farrow.
Tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for children. Call the box office on 01395 514413 to book.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
More pictures from the performance can be found in this week’s Herald.