A comedy-drama that’s grimly funny up north
- Credit: Archant
Actors from Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society tickled the funny bone when they took to the stage at the Manor Pavilion Theatre earlier this week.
Straight and Narrow, written by Jimmie Chinn, runs until tomorrow (Saturday) and depicts the life of two guys living on the outskirts of Manchester in the 1980s.
Director Leigh Steedman said: “This adult comedy is full of colourful characters, fast moving and very funny.
“It features a number of actors known to us all, as well as new members to the SADS.
“Set ‘up north’, the play tells the story of a family at war.”
You may also want to watch:
Cast members include Marc Colson and Janet Farrow.
Tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for children. Call the box office on 01395 514413 to book.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
More pictures from the performance can be found in this week’s Herald.