A dozen Devon artists return to Sidmouth’s Kennaway House
- Credit: Archant
A popular exhibition by an eclectic group of 12 East Devon artists starts this weekend at Kennaway House.
Inspired by local surroundings, each artist has a unique way of interpreting the beautiful Devon landscape, the dramatic coastline, beach scenes and street life.
Artbeat 2017 promises to be an exciting and varied show and is a great opportunity to buy work directly from the artist.
Original paintings, prints, cards, textiles and gifts will be on sale.
Sidmouth artists taking part are Bente Kumar, Debbie Coles, Trixie Walker, Susan Paradise, June Murrell, Steph George and Rosemary McFarlane.
You may also want to watch:
June and Debbie will be artists-in-residence during the exhibition and will be demonstrating their skills.
Artbeat is open daily from tomorrow (Saturday) until Sunday, September 24 from 10am to 5.30pm.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Admission is free.