Eleanor’s A* A levels secure place at Oxford University
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery student will be heading to one of the world’s most prestigious universities after achieving stellar A-level results.
The King's School's Eleanor Baden achieved three A* grades in French, Spanish and geography to secure a place at Oxford University to study law and Spanish law.
The school sixth form centre erupted with screams and tears of joy on Thursday (August 15) as the 18-year-old celebrated with her mum and sister.
Eleanor, who lives in Feniton, said: "I'm still on a bit of a high. I wasn't expecting to do that well.
"There were lots of screaming and tears and hugs. One of my tutors was in tears. I really love language and the complexity of language and how you can use it to manipulate a situation. In law its really important that each word has to be clear as one word could change the meaning of a sentence and how people can understand that.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm really looking forward to looking at the books and the library and getting to study. I'm also looking forward to meeting new people."
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites