Eleanor’s A* A levels secure place at Oxford University
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery student will be heading to one of the world’s most prestigious universities after achieving stellar A-level results.
The King's School's Eleanor Baden achieved three A* grades in French, Spanish and geography to secure a place at Oxford University to study law and Spanish law.
The school sixth form centre erupted with screams and tears of joy on Thursday (August 15) as the 18-year-old celebrated with her mum and sister.
Eleanor, who lives in Feniton, said: "I'm still on a bit of a high. I wasn't expecting to do that well.
"There were lots of screaming and tears and hugs. One of my tutors was in tears. I really love language and the complexity of language and how you can use it to manipulate a situation. In law its really important that each word has to be clear as one word could change the meaning of a sentence and how people can understand that.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm really looking forward to looking at the books and the library and getting to study. I'm also looking forward to meeting new people."
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners