A Sidmouth man is fundraising for lifeboats
Saturday, August 2 - A SIDMOUTH man is spending the last years of his life raising money for the town s lifeboats.
A SIDMOUTH man is spending the last years of his life raising money for the town's lifeboats.
Roger Milton, 60, will be opening his shop at Sidmouth Shopping Centre on Monday, August 4, which will sell quality pieces of used-furniture to raise money for Sidmouth lifeboats.
He said: "I just want to help them out because they are completely self-funded - I am hoping to raise something between five and eight thousand pounds per year."
Roger was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease one year ago and since he has only been given five years to live he has dedicated his life to making a difference and helping to raise money for charities that matter to him.
You may also want to watch:
He is now appealing for anyone who has any old or spare furniture to visit his new shop and donate the furniture.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge