A30 westbound carriage closed following collision
- Credit: Archant
Male driver suffered serious injuries and was taken to hospital.
Emergency services are at the scene of a serious collision on the A30 westbound between Honiton and Exeter.
A car collided with the central reservation at around 7.30am today (Wednesday, July 22) near Daisymount, Ottery St Mary.
The male driver, who suffered serious injuries, has been taken by ambulance to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
Highways are assisting with road closures which are in place at the Daisymount and the Exeter airport junction.
You may also want to watch:
The road is expected to be closed for some time and motorists are advised to find an alternative route.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park