A30 westbound carriage closed following collision
- Credit: Archant
Male driver suffered serious injuries and was taken to hospital.
Emergency services are at the scene of a serious collision on the A30 westbound between Honiton and Exeter.
A car collided with the central reservation at around 7.30am today (Wednesday, July 22) near Daisymount, Ottery St Mary.
The male driver, who suffered serious injuries, has been taken by ambulance to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
Highways are assisting with road closures which are in place at the Daisymount and the Exeter airport junction.
You may also want to watch:
The road is expected to be closed for some time and motorists are advised to find an alternative route.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles