A3052 closed due to cold snap
THE Met Office has issued a warning for Sidmouth and its surrounding areas to expect heavy snow this week.Temperatures dropped to as low as -3c last night causing frosty conditions on the roads.The A3052 between the B3176 and Woolbrook Road has been cl
THE Met Office has issued a warning for Sidmouth and its surrounding areas to expect heavy snow this week.
Temperatures dropped to as low as -3c last night causing frosty conditions on the roads.
The A3052 between the B3176 and Woolbrook Road has been closed both ways since yesterday evening (Sunday) due to hazardous road conditions.
Before the icy road closed, a car overturned at around 8pm yesterday near the Bowd Inn.
The man who was driving a green Peugeot 206 was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
A spokesman for Devon County Highways said the Highways team is waiting for some equipment before a culvert, which is causing the problem, is cleared.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting Devon tonight (Monday) and Tuesday and Thursday, February 5.
Colder weather with snow showers, heavy at times could give some significant accumulations in places, with the greatest amounts likely over higher ground, or east facing coasts.
For more information on what to do in severe weather visit http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/advice/snow.html