A3052 closed due to cold snap
THE Met Office has issued a warning for Sidmouth and its surrounding areas to expect heavy snow this week.Temperatures dropped to as low as -3c last night causing frosty conditions on the roads.The A3052 between the B3176 and Woolbrook Road has been cl
THE Met Office has issued a warning for Sidmouth and its surrounding areas to expect heavy snow this week.
Temperatures dropped to as low as -3c last night causing frosty conditions on the roads.
The A3052 between the B3176 and Woolbrook Road has been closed both ways since yesterday evening (Sunday) due to hazardous road conditions.
Before the icy road closed, a car overturned at around 8pm yesterday near the Bowd Inn.
You may also want to watch:
The man who was driving a green Peugeot 206 was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
A spokesman for Devon County Highways said the Highways team is waiting for some equipment before a culvert, which is causing the problem, is cleared.
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 8 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 9 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy
There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting Devon tonight (Monday) and Tuesday and Thursday, February 5.
Colder weather with snow showers, heavy at times could give some significant accumulations in places, with the greatest amounts likely over higher ground, or east facing coasts.
For more information on what to do in severe weather visit http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/advice/snow.html