Abba fans raise money, money, money in Sidmouth for charity
- Credit: Archant
Mamma Mia! Let’s hear it for the town’s Dancing Queens and Super Troupers who were determined to ask Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! and raise some Money, Money, Money for charity.
The event at the Radway cinema was celebrating the Mamma Mia. Here We Go Again movie and was a sell out on the balcony with tickets including a glass of fizz and nibbles before the film.
An array of ABBA and Mamma Mia fancy dress outfits were on display.
A total £1,700 was raised for Sidmouth Hospiscare which included not only the proceeds from the night but also collections after movie performances during the week running up to the night.
Amanda Marks and her team at Scott Cinemas made sure everything went smoothly and there was no SOS. Travelworld provided sponsorship to ensure the prosecco flowed on the night.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you for the Music and the Money, Money, Money.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout