Abbeyfield Sidmouth Society’s vice chair steps down
- Credit: Archant
The voluntary vice-chairman of an assisted living company has been bid a fond farewell after 15-and-a-half years.
Abbeyfield Sidmouth Society Trustees presented Neville Staddon with gardening vouchers and the staff at Culver House baked him a cake. Retired chartered accountant Mike Gunn has taken over responsibility for the three houses.
Neville, a former treasurer at East Devon District Council, said: “I responded to an advert in the Herald and they took me on.
“Now it’s 15 years later. I’ve enjoyed seeing the facilities at Abbeyfield improve for the benefit of the residents, and it’s kept me mentally active. It’s been rewarding to see the society progress. I’m sure Mike will do a great job for them.”
Neville has served for a decade as the Sid Vale Association treasurer – where he also chairs the Keith Owen Investment Committee and has seen the fortune increase from £2.3million to £3million – which is now seeking his replacement. The ideal applicant would have accountancy experience and knowledge of investing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested should contact Alan Darrant on 01395 516158, or leave their contact details at the museum.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank