Abbeyfield Sidmouth Society’s vice chair steps down
- Credit: Archant
The voluntary vice-chairman of an assisted living company has been bid a fond farewell after 15-and-a-half years.
Abbeyfield Sidmouth Society Trustees presented Neville Staddon with gardening vouchers and the staff at Culver House baked him a cake. Retired chartered accountant Mike Gunn has taken over responsibility for the three houses.
Neville, a former treasurer at East Devon District Council, said: “I responded to an advert in the Herald and they took me on.
“Now it’s 15 years later. I’ve enjoyed seeing the facilities at Abbeyfield improve for the benefit of the residents, and it’s kept me mentally active. It’s been rewarding to see the society progress. I’m sure Mike will do a great job for them.”
Neville has served for a decade as the Sid Vale Association treasurer – where he also chairs the Keith Owen Investment Committee and has seen the fortune increase from £2.3million to £3million – which is now seeking his replacement. The ideal applicant would have accountancy experience and knowledge of investing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested should contact Alan Darrant on 01395 516158, or leave their contact details at the museum.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables