Accident on A35 at Wilmington near Honiton
- Credit: Archant
There’s heavy congestion on the A35 Exeter Road to A375 Sidmouth Road this evening.
It follows an accident earlier this afternoon involving two vehicles, on the A35 between Hayne Lane (Wilmington) and Pine Park Road (Honiton),
Police were called at 3.10pm to the scene, where the road was blocked by the incident.
One elderly lady was trapped in the vehicle. She was conscious and breathing.
Fire and ambulance were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The woman has now been taken to hospital. Recovery vehicles are still on the scene, and the A35 remains closed both ways.
UPDATE: A diversion is now in place, but traffic is still queueing.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights