Support service helping Ottery youngsters reveals new name
- Credit: Archant
Services supporting young people in Ottery with their mental health and emotional wellbeing has been renamed.
Headlight, formerly known as The Project, will continue its regular peer support sessions in the town as well as Axminster, with trained staff and volunteers working with youngsters experiencing emotional distress.
Last year the service directly supported more than 100 young people and parents, with referrals to the service increasing by 15 per cent compared to the previous year.
The name was the most popular choice among young people, volunteers and supporters.
Charlotte Hanson, chief executive officer at Action East Devon, said: “I am delighted that young people and volunteers have been involved in deciding on the new name and logo for our young people’s mental wellbeing service.
You may also want to watch:
The name Headlight captures our approach to mental health by helping young people to develop life skills, coping strategies, and resilience.”
If you would like to get in touch with Headlight, contact Action East Devon on 01404 549045 or 07741 646426.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead