Actor James enchants Sid Valley Memory Cafe members
Rain forces Sid Valley Memory Cafe’s first garden party indoors
THE Sid Valley Memory Caf�’s first garden party had to be held indoors because of rain.
Due to held at the Bickwell Valley home of Adrian and Patricia Ford, it moved inside to Twyford House.
After an update on Stowford Lodge and the work of the committee, looking into memory care, there was a quiz based on Sidmouth place names.
Tea followed, with sandwiches, sausage rolls, scones and cream, provided by volunteers, and actor James Pellow, who is finishing his repertory season with Charles and Imogen Vance at the Manor Pavilion Theatre, joined in, chatting with members.
You may also want to watch:
James is a regular visitor to Sidmouth and has quite a following among lady members.
“The generousity and kindness he showed was wonderful,” said SVMC chairman, John Summerside.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
“He entertained 42 members of the Memory Cafe for 45 minutes, with a mixture of recitals, both humerous and moving, finishing with a marvellous rendition of Albert and the Lion.”
*Sid Valley Memory Cafe meets every second and fourth Wednesday in the month. It is free and starts at 2.30pm at Twyford House,Coburg Road, finishing at 4.30pm.