Stage actor ‘delighted’ to support charity luncheon in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A familiar face of the Manor Pavilion stage will be stopping by for lunch to help raise money for the Admiral Nurse Campaign.
Actor James Pellow will attend the Sid Valley Memory Café’s charity luncheon next Thursday (October 25) as its guest speaker.
The actor, who has waived his fee, is in Sidmouth ahead of his new comedy show at the Manor Pavilion on October 26 and 27.
Mr Pellow said: “Nationally – from Dame Barbara Windsor – we are becoming more and more tuned into the challenges that dementia presents and I’m delighted to help raise funds and awareness for this local campaign while I’m in Sidmouth.”
The memory café need to raise more than £50,000 a year to keep the dementia specialist in the valley.
You may also want to watch:
The appointment of Heidi Crook in 2017 saw the first ever Admiral Nurse in Devon and has lead to campaigns in nearby towns with nurses being appointed in Honiton and the Topsham, Woodbury, Exmouth and Budleigh area.
Cathy Gunnell, a trusty of the memory café, said: “This expansion of support provided by the Admiral Nurse follows the success of Heidi’s role in the Sid Valley area, which in fact has proved to be the trailblazer for this facility in other areas.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
The lunch will be held at the Victoria Hotel with guests arriving from 12.30pm for a 1pm start. Tickets cost £25 and are available from Paragon Books.