Meet John Nettles at Kennaway House, Sidmouth
- Credit: PA
The actor John Nettles will be speaking in the Cellar Bar at Kennaway House on Thursday, March 26.
John was born in St Austell and grew up there, before starting his career at the Royal Court Theatre and then the Royal Shakespeare Company.
He became internationally famous in the long-running television series Bergerac, and as Detective Inspector Tom Barnaby in Midsomer Murders.
More recently he starred as Ray Penvenen in Poldark.
John has also written four books about Jersey, inspired by his time there, including Jewels and Jackboots, about the German occupation in the Second World War.
You may also want to watch:
On March 26 the doors will be open at 7.00 for 7.30 pm and John will be introduced by his longstanding friend the artist Alan Cotton, who is patron of the Kennaway Gallery.
Tickets are £13, to include a glass of wine, and available at Kennaway House or by phoning 01395 515551.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman