Meet John Nettles at Kennaway House, Sidmouth
- Credit: PA
The actor John Nettles will be speaking in the Cellar Bar at Kennaway House on Thursday, March 26.
John was born in St Austell and grew up there, before starting his career at the Royal Court Theatre and then the Royal Shakespeare Company.
He became internationally famous in the long-running television series Bergerac, and as Detective Inspector Tom Barnaby in Midsomer Murders.
More recently he starred as Ray Penvenen in Poldark.
John has also written four books about Jersey, inspired by his time there, including Jewels and Jackboots, about the German occupation in the Second World War.
You may also want to watch:
On March 26 the doors will be open at 7.00 for 7.30 pm and John will be introduced by his longstanding friend the artist Alan Cotton, who is patron of the Kennaway Gallery.
Tickets are £13, to include a glass of wine, and available at Kennaway House or by phoning 01395 515551.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year