Ad star Wally’s YouTube bid for Help for Heroes
A SINGING Sidmouth pensioner who starred in a national television advert has used the opportunity to boost his home-town fundraising exploits for Help for Heroes.
Fresh from featuring as a Somerset farmer in a 30-second spot for Exmoor National Park, Wally Cotgrave enlisted the promo’s director for his own personal mission.
Wally, 73, of Winslade Road, has raised more than �17,000 for the cause to date.
A three-minute film, titled Sidmouth Busker, Help for Heroes, has been posted on YouTube.
Wally said: “I thought if I could advertise the fund it might encourage other people. If someone as ordinary as me is able to raise funds, and get enormous pleasure out of it, I wanted others to think they can do it as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Watch Wally’s video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmp-0j6kVy0.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown