Ad star Wally’s YouTube bid for Help for Heroes
A SINGING Sidmouth pensioner who starred in a national television advert has used the opportunity to boost his home-town fundraising exploits for Help for Heroes.
Fresh from featuring as a Somerset farmer in a 30-second spot for Exmoor National Park, Wally Cotgrave enlisted the promo’s director for his own personal mission.
Wally, 73, of Winslade Road, has raised more than �17,000 for the cause to date.
A three-minute film, titled Sidmouth Busker, Help for Heroes, has been posted on YouTube.
Wally said: “I thought if I could advertise the fund it might encourage other people. If someone as ordinary as me is able to raise funds, and get enormous pleasure out of it, I wanted others to think they can do it as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Watch Wally’s video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmp-0j6kVy0.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth