Ad star Wally’s YouTube bid for Help for Heroes
A SINGING Sidmouth pensioner who starred in a national television advert has used the opportunity to boost his home-town fundraising exploits for Help for Heroes.
Fresh from featuring as a Somerset farmer in a 30-second spot for Exmoor National Park, Wally Cotgrave enlisted the promo’s director for his own personal mission.
Wally, 73, of Winslade Road, has raised more than �17,000 for the cause to date.
A three-minute film, titled Sidmouth Busker, Help for Heroes, has been posted on YouTube.
Wally said: “I thought if I could advertise the fund it might encourage other people. If someone as ordinary as me is able to raise funds, and get enormous pleasure out of it, I wanted others to think they can do it as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Watch Wally’s video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmp-0j6kVy0.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival