Adopt an Otter for Valentine’s encourage wildlife trust
Devon Wildlife Trust’s (DWT) is offering its popular ‘adopt a species’ scheme this year as an alternative gift for Valentine’s Day.
Launched in 2009 it allows people to support the trust’s conservation work in the county, protecting habitats and species for future generations to enjoy.
People can choose to ‘adopt’ from a list of five lovable species, dormouse, otter, dolphin, bat and hedgehog.
With each �20 donation, purchasers will receive a soft toy of their chosen species along with a welcome letter and other items.
DWT’s Phoebe Grubb said: ‘This is a great way for people to support our work, ‘adopt a species’ makes the perfect gift for nature loving adults at this time of the year.”
You may also want to watch:
The money raised through the scheme goes towards the costs of carrying out conservation work throughout the county benefiting these species and the habitats that they need to thrive.
For more information visit www.devonwildlifetrust.org, or call Devon Wildlife Trust on 01392 279244.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 7 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 10 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted