Adrian and Peter to bring back much-loved Ottery Gazette
- Credit: Archant
The much-loved Ottery Gazette is to be brought back.
Adrian Lea and Peter Roberts, from The Curious Otter Bookshop, have acquired the rights to the popular publication and hope to release an edition on June 1.
They will do so with the blessing of the family of the late John Gaffney, who ran the Gazette for 20 years.
John’s wife Carole said: “Carrina [her daughter] and I wish them every success. We know that John would be happy that it will continue to be produced in the town for the town. We would also like to thank everyone for their support of the Gazette in the past for John and, more recently, for Carrina and I. We are sure that support will continue for Adrian and Peter.”
West Hill resident Adrian said it was his intention to carry on using John’s successful formula.
You may also want to watch:
The father-of-three said: “Everybody said it was a real shame it was gone and someone should start it up again.
“John managed to create something that was of immense value to the community. Just to be able to bring it back will be great.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98