Adrian and Peter to bring back much-loved Ottery Gazette
- Credit: Archant
The much-loved Ottery Gazette is to be brought back.
Adrian Lea and Peter Roberts, from The Curious Otter Bookshop, have acquired the rights to the popular publication and hope to release an edition on June 1.
They will do so with the blessing of the family of the late John Gaffney, who ran the Gazette for 20 years.
John’s wife Carole said: “Carrina [her daughter] and I wish them every success. We know that John would be happy that it will continue to be produced in the town for the town. We would also like to thank everyone for their support of the Gazette in the past for John and, more recently, for Carrina and I. We are sure that support will continue for Adrian and Peter.”
West Hill resident Adrian said it was his intention to carry on using John’s successful formula.
You may also want to watch:
The father-of-three said: “Everybody said it was a real shame it was gone and someone should start it up again.
“John managed to create something that was of immense value to the community. Just to be able to bring it back will be great.”
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book