Adrian and Peter to bring back much-loved Ottery Gazette
- Credit: Archant
The much-loved Ottery Gazette is to be brought back.
Adrian Lea and Peter Roberts, from The Curious Otter Bookshop, have acquired the rights to the popular publication and hope to release an edition on June 1.
They will do so with the blessing of the family of the late John Gaffney, who ran the Gazette for 20 years.
John’s wife Carole said: “Carrina [her daughter] and I wish them every success. We know that John would be happy that it will continue to be produced in the town for the town. We would also like to thank everyone for their support of the Gazette in the past for John and, more recently, for Carrina and I. We are sure that support will continue for Adrian and Peter.”
West Hill resident Adrian said it was his intention to carry on using John’s successful formula.
You may also want to watch:
The father-of-three said: “Everybody said it was a real shame it was gone and someone should start it up again.
“John managed to create something that was of immense value to the community. Just to be able to bring it back will be great.”
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 8 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett