Adrian pedals up Europe’s highest pass for Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
Not content with covering the length of Britain, a keen cyclist is scaling new heights in a bid to raise funds for Sidmouth Hospiscare.
Adrian Snelgrove, 53, will embark this weekend on the Alpine Raid – a cycle of approximately 812km from Geneva to Nice, with almost 18,000 metres of climbing mountain passes.
He has described the trip as his ‘hardest challenge yet’.
The orthodontist – who is secretary of the Sid Valley Cycling Club – will join a group of riders on the trip, but has set himself the added task of raising £1,000 for charity.
The group fly to Geneva today (Friday) and will be embarking on the gruelling seven-day cycle that includes Rastefond Bonnet – the highest pass in Europe.
You may also want to watch:
Adrian said: “It is by far and away the hardest ride I will have done.
“I cycled from Land’s End to John O’Groats last year, but this is a completely different ball game.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
The Glen Road resident is a regular cyclist, but he says the sheer amount of climbing involved in the Alpine Raid will still be difficult.
Adrian said he chose to support Sidmouth Hospiscare because of the vital work it does in providing palliative care, support and information for those with life-limiting illnesses in the Sid Valley and surrounding area.
The cyclists will also have to endure extreme temperatures and will be accompanied by a support vehicle equipped with supplies.
Adrian has less than £300 to go to reach his target. To find our more about his challenge or to donate, visit: www.justgiving.com/Adrian-Snelgrove