African fusion dance session in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
There is a chance to learn African dance in Sidmouth on Saturday, November 9.
The session will be led by South Sudanese dancer Rachel de Garang, who has 25 years' experience in teaching and dancing.
Dance and music in Africa are a part of everyday life, not a spectator activity. There are dances for different occasions, rituals and ceremonies, and people of all ages take part.
Although traditional dances are still taught, the form has evolved, new styles have been created and fused with western and eastern influences.
Rachel de Garang's African Fusion Dance session takes place from 2pm until 4pm at the Dance Studio, Unitarian Old House, All Saints Road, Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Participants are asked to wear comfortable clothes and to either dance barefoot, or bring jazz/dance shoes that are not worn outside.
Bring a towel, a water bottle and a change of clothes to go home in.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 5 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
The class costs £15 and booking is essential - call Ursula on 01395 579 436.