Air ambulance gains from Sidmouth store quiz
A QUIZ evening among staff at Fields of Sidmouth has raised a further �85 for the store s charity of the year, Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
A QUIZ evening among staff at Fields of Sidmouth has raised a further �85 for the store's charity of the year, Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
Management, sales assistants, warehouse workers and the Coffee Shop staff formed 10 teams of four for the quiz, and questions, covering a whole range of topics, were chaired by Coffee Shop manager Paul Grainger.
"The support and atmosphere was brilliant," said Julia Quigley, Fields' fundraising co-ordinator.
"The management supplied light refreshments and everyone entered into the spirit of things.
You may also want to watch:
"It takes quite a bit of effort to organise an event like this for a company of our size, but it just shows how much fun and good can come out of it."
The quiz night is just one of a number of activities Fields has organised to raise funds for DAAT during the year.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Caroline Creer, DAAT fundraising director said: "We would like to take this opportunity to thank Fields of Sidmouth for their continued support.
"We are delighted to be their charity of the year. So much hard work goes into organising any event, and it does sound like the staff all had a great time at the quiz night."
She asked for other companies supporting charity to consider supporting DAAT.
They can contact the Trust on (01392) 466666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.