Glitz and glamour success keeps helicopters in the air
- Credit: Archant
Couples danced the day away at a Sidmouth shop, helping to keep vital air ambulances in the sky with a glitz and glamour afternoon.
Despite not usually opening on Sundays in the winter, Sidmouth Devon Air Ambulance saw a fantastic turnout on November 25 for its event, with a big rush at the beginning and a buzz towards the end.
The brilliant atmosphere was helped by jazz vocalist Michelle Mae who kindly offered to perform free of charge throughout the whole event and saw couples dance to her music in the shop.
There was festive food provided with mince pies and mulled wine but despite having plenty, they were polished off in no time leaving everyone in a very good mood.
It was a big success and the organisers still have donations coming in which will keep the helicopters flying.
You may also want to watch:
To date Devon Air Ambulance has completed 26,767 missions so far, saving thousands of lives.
Visit daat.org for more information or if you would like to donate to the charity, which was launched more than 25 years ago.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser