Alix organises raffle for wedding charity
- Credit: Archant
A month-long fundraiser to help people with life-limiting illnesses get married has almost surpassed its £1,000 target - less than a fortnight after it began.
Alix Renshaw from Colyton has organised an online raffle to run throughout September in aid of the Wedding Wishing Well Foundation. The charity was founded by Sidmouth-born Naomi Thomas in 2012. Naomi, 33, was diagnosed with terminal secondary breast cancer and now helps others across the country suffering from life-limiting illnesses have their dream wedding.
Both women attended Sidmouth College and, after reconnecting through Facebook, Alix became an ambassador for Naomi’s charity.
Alix, 35, said: “I started sharing their posts and then, last year, Naomi was looking for volunteers to do the Great West Run. It went on from there.”
Mother-of-two Alix is raffling off an original oil painting by David Renshaw. The artist has also donated four one-off prints as runner-up prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Alix added: “Last year, Naomi was looking for donations for an auction and I asked if he could help. David offered a picture to be auctioned off for the charity.
“We both have the same surname but he is no relation - we just have a mutual love of art and the charity.”
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
Entrants should supply a phone number or email address as part of their donation. Tickets cost £5 each with all proceeds being donated to the charity.
The fundraiser will run until Wednesday, September 30.
To buy tickets, visit https://www.justgiving.com/alix-renshaw2/