Alix organises raffle for wedding charity
- Credit: Archant
A month-long fundraiser to help people with life-limiting illnesses get married has almost surpassed its £1,000 target - less than a fortnight after it began.
Alix Renshaw from Colyton has organised an online raffle to run throughout September in aid of the Wedding Wishing Well Foundation. The charity was founded by Sidmouth-born Naomi Thomas in 2012. Naomi, 33, was diagnosed with terminal secondary breast cancer and now helps others across the country suffering from life-limiting illnesses have their dream wedding.
Both women attended Sidmouth College and, after reconnecting through Facebook, Alix became an ambassador for Naomi’s charity.
Alix, 35, said: “I started sharing their posts and then, last year, Naomi was looking for volunteers to do the Great West Run. It went on from there.”
Mother-of-two Alix is raffling off an original oil painting by David Renshaw. The artist has also donated four one-off prints as runner-up prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Alix added: “Last year, Naomi was looking for donations for an auction and I asked if he could help. David offered a picture to be auctioned off for the charity.
“We both have the same surname but he is no relation - we just have a mutual love of art and the charity.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Entrants should supply a phone number or email address as part of their donation. Tickets cost £5 each with all proceeds being donated to the charity.
The fundraiser will run until Wednesday, September 30.
To buy tickets, visit https://www.justgiving.com/alix-renshaw2/