All set for Sidmouth Boxing Day swim
Sidmouth Lifeboat to provide on the water cover during Boxing Day swim
SIDMOUTH’S Boxing Day swim is days away and looks set to be snow-free.
Nothing seems to deter the hardy, or maybe foolhardy, from taking part. More than 200 braved last year’s freezing conditions.
Organisers, Sidmouth Regatta committee, with Sidmouth RNLI branch, hope for sun, but know swimmers will arrive, whatever the weather.
Participants should remember it is a “weather permitting” event and their decision over whether or not to run it is final.
Entrants are asked to sign a disclaimer, absolving organisers of responsibility if organisers cancel the swim.
Sidmouth Lifeboat will provide ‘on the water’ cover throughout the swim, which was started in 1985.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 3 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 4 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 5 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 6 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 7 Sidmouth Running Club welcomes return of the Bicton Blister
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 10 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
Hundreds wrap up against the cold to come and cheer on swimmers, who should gather in front of Sidmouth Sailing and Sea Angling Club from 10.30am to show off their fancy dress before the swim starts at 11am.
The RNLI will collect donations and teas and coffees will be served at the sailing club before and after the swim.