All set for Sidmouth Boxing Day swim
Sidmouth Lifeboat to provide on the water cover during Boxing Day swim
SIDMOUTH’S Boxing Day swim is days away and looks set to be snow-free.
Nothing seems to deter the hardy, or maybe foolhardy, from taking part. More than 200 braved last year’s freezing conditions.
Organisers, Sidmouth Regatta committee, with Sidmouth RNLI branch, hope for sun, but know swimmers will arrive, whatever the weather.
Participants should remember it is a “weather permitting” event and their decision over whether or not to run it is final.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants are asked to sign a disclaimer, absolving organisers of responsibility if organisers cancel the swim.
Sidmouth Lifeboat will provide ‘on the water’ cover throughout the swim, which was started in 1985.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
Hundreds wrap up against the cold to come and cheer on swimmers, who should gather in front of Sidmouth Sailing and Sea Angling Club from 10.30am to show off their fancy dress before the swim starts at 11am.
The RNLI will collect donations and teas and coffees will be served at the sailing club before and after the swim.