All you need to know about Sidmouth Carnival
- Credit: Archant
The bright lights of the carnival season are heading to Sidmouth tomorrow.
Crowds are expected to line the route which will start at the Balfour at 7.30pm before proceeding through the town down Temple Street, the town centre, along the seafront and up past the Bedford Lawn car park.
Judging of the floats will commence at 6.15pm.
Road closures will be in place from 4.30pm to 10.30pm. Affected roads include Woolbrook Road, All Saints Road, Arcot Road, Temple Street, Vicarage Road, and the Esplanade; High Street will be closed at Radway.
Gliddons Toymaster is encouraging youngsters to let their imagination go wild and win prizes in their annual Lego competition.
You may also want to watch:
Participants are asked to build a Lego carnival float of their choice and bring it to the Church Street shop before 11am on September 23.
Adults can also enter this year for the first time in a non-prize class.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh