Alterations at Sidmouth’s Catholic church approved
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Roman Catholic church is set to gain a new entrance, additional seating and a plant room area after a planning application was approved.
Leaders of the Church of the Most Precious Blood, in Radway, hope to demolish the existing single-storey entrance and create three single-storey extensions.
Approving the application by delegated powers, an East Devon District Council officer said: “This proposal would expand the facilities and thereby increase the number of people that can be accommodated.
“At the same time it would take up some of the space currently used for parking.
“In terms of the existing capacity of the building, however, there is already insufficient parking space and this proposal would not make a material difference or materially change the impact on surrounding roads.
You may also want to watch:
“Furthermore, the site is well located for access on foot, by bicycle and by public transport.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon