Search is on to find alternative for Sidmouth air display 2019
- Credit: Archant
The Red Arrows are unlikely to return to Sidmouth this summer, but the search is on to find an alternative attraction to grace the skies instead.
Organisers Sidmouth Town Council confirmed the world renowned team of elite pilots may not be able to appear this year but says it has approached teams to ensure the annual event continues.
Since 2015, tens of thousands of people have crammed along the seafront come rain or shine to see in the bank holiday weekend and watch the Red Arrows performing daring displays.
Among those approached include RAF Chinook, RAF Typhoon and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Christopher Holland, town clerk, said: “It looks as though the Red Arrows might be on tour during this August bank holiday weekend when they normally display in Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
“The council is making alternative arrangements to continue to provide a major display event for visitors and local people and has already approached various teams.
“Availability and attendance of the teams will not be confirmed until early March but it is hoped that Sidmouth may play host to groups including the RAF Chinook, RAF Typhoon and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF).
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
“Keep an eye on the Sidmouth Herald for future announcements.”