‘Amazing’ Grace, formerly of Sidmouth, turns 111
- Credit: Archant
A former Sidmouth resident who is now the sixth oldest person in the UK will mark her 111th birthday tomorrow (Saturday).
Apart from being a bit hard of hearing, ‘amazing’ Grace Jones is ‘spot on’ and looking forward to another card from the Queen.
Her daughter, Deirdre McCarthy, said: “She is always looking for the action – she gets involved in what’s going on. She’s not happy not doing anything. She’s blessed with good health and still very positive in her thinking.
“She has a little tot of whisky every day, and has done for 58 years. She never worries and always has home-cooked meals.”
After 12 years in Old Hayes, Grace moved to the Cotswolds to be near Deirdre her husband Patrick, who sadly died last year.
You may also want to watch:
To celebrate her birthday, Grace will be taking a trip to Buckland Manor for a reception and lunch, and then she will be having a party in her sheltered housing.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022