Amazing Grace still going strong at 105
A FORMER Sidmouth resident, who is still going strong at 105-years-of-age, celebrated her birthday with friends from the town last month.
‘Amazing’ Grace Jones, who spent 12 happy years in Old Hayes, still cooks every day and even attends a weekly art class in a busy social life.
Grace moved to the Cotswolds six years ago and was joined there by daughter Deidre McCarthy and son-in-law Patrick, formerly of Salcombe Hill Road.
Deidre said of her remarkable mum: “She is such an inspiration to all who meet her. Those who know her are just amazed - she’s able to do so many things. A small tot of whiskey before going to bed every night is her tonic.”
Friends from Sidmouth travelled to Gloucestershire to help Grace mark her special day.
Grace got her second card from the Queen which was presented to her by Lord Lieutenant of Gloucestershire, Dame Janet Trotter.
The Secretary Of State for Work and Pensions, Iain Duncan Smith, also sent a commemorative telegram.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 6 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 7 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
- 8 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 9 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 10 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
Well-wishes from Sidmouth Lifeboat were also greatly appreciated by Grace.