‘Andy’s Army’ takes on Commando Challenge to remember Sidford entrepreneur
- Credit: Archant
Four fundraisers took on a commando challenge for a cause close to their hearts and to remember a late friend .
Stephen Mitchell, Andrew ‘Welly’ Welch, Ian Perry and Stuart Cload clubbed together as Andy’s Army to raise more than £600 for the Devon Air Ambulance Trust (DAAT).
All wore T-shirts bearing Andy Cole’s photo and were watched by his family.
Stephen’s wife Tanya said: “All four were good friends of Andy and miss him greatly.
“They chose DAA as a charity close to our hearts – it saved my dad 11 years ago – and mindful that we all have sporty children, and you never know when the need may arise.”
You may also want to watch:
Andy’s wife Lynda said: “Eight months on from Andy passing away so suddenly, it is great to see his friends honouring his memory in this way and raising money for such a worthwhile cause.
“The children and I have been moved by their effort.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
To boost the fundraiser, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tanya-mitchell5